Osaka Climate & Temperature
- Osaka, Japan is at 34°40'N, 135°31'E, 83 m (273 ft). See map.
- Osaka has a humid subtropical climate that is mild with no dry season, constantly moist (year-round rainfall). Summers are hot and muggy with thunderstorms. Winters are mild with precipitation from mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Osaka is situated in or near the warm temperate moist forest biome.
- The annual average temperature is 16.3 degrees Celsius (61.3 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 22.7 °C (40.9°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 10.1°C (50.2°F) on average falling to 2.9°C (37.2°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 18.8°C (65.8°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 9.9°C (49.8°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 30.4°C (86.8°F) and average low temperatures are 22.7°C (72.8°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 22.8°C (73°F) during the day and lows of 14.8°C (58.6°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1318 mm (51.9 inches) which is equivalent to 1318 Litres/m² (32.33 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2152 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Osaka you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Torres, Brazil where you would find a Humid subtropical climate (Subtropical moist forest biome).
Osaka Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Osaka Climate Graph in Metric Units
Osaka Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Osaka, Japan Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: